Priligy online now, save money

MAR 25

Recent Comment

"FYI - Duquesne University in Pittsburgh is totally green! 100% of its..."

View all Comments

How Green is Your Bracket?

This post is levitra online switzerland cross-posted at EnviroWonk.com

We know that a lot of folks out there care about the environment and only for you viagra ed sports, especially during March Madness. The folks over at Juice Energy, Inc., an energy supplier that sells Green-E-certified renewable energy credits, has taken the time to see how this year’s tournament teams—favorites and Cinderellas alike—are integrating green power on their campuses.

Here’s a sample:

  • No. 1 overall seed North Carolina plans to generic viagra mastercard make its new campus carbon-neutral by using alternative power and LEED building guidelines.
  • Perennial powerhouse and UNC rival Duke gets 31 percent of cialis costs its campus’s power from green sources.
  • West bracket top seed UCLA has pledged to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions to 1990 levels by 2020.
  • Envirowonk favorite and would-be Cinderella American University saw its students propose a fee to increase the school’s purchase of renewable energy and establish a goal of having half the campus’s power come from green sources by 2012.

Over the eatingdisorderrecovery.com first two days of the tournament, the teams Juice identifies as buying green power went 24-14. For Juice’s full list of green bracket busters, click here.

Hits: 13884
Comments (4)Add Comment
0
Assistant Account Executive, Fleishman-H
written by Cassie Wedekind, March 25, 2008
Thanks for posting this article! I graduated from a Big 12 school not too long ago and it is amazing to see how quickly universities have adopted conservation and http://www.deboerderijhuizen.nl/discount-generic-viagra-online sustainability for their campuses. I'm sure this will ripple out to every educational institute very soon.
0
Wisconsin
written by WI man, March 26, 2008
I believe that Wisconsin also has a major energy reduction plan in progress. I think it is something like UCLA's.
0
How much energy comes from filthy Coal?
written by GoSolarNow, March 26, 2008
It's great to cheap discount levitra see colleges step up with energy reduction plans, and renewable energy solutions. I'd also like to know about their current energy mix. 31% from green power is great, but if the remaining 69% is from coal it would be far worse than a school (say WSU), that gets the majority of its power from non-fossil fueled hydro power.
0
...
written by Dan, March 26, 2008
FYI - Duquesne University in Pittsburgh is totally green! 100% of its outsourced energy comes from renewable sources.

Write comment

security code
Write the displayed characters


busy
 

Are you an EcoGeek?

We've got to keep 7 billion people happy without destroying our planet. It's the biggest challenge we've ever faced....but we're taking it on. Are you with us?




The Most Popular Articles