So what did you do last weekend? We spent Saturday and Sunday attending speeches by Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. Did we mention we live in
And in other enviro-political news this week:
- Rob Howard attended the first game at Nationals Field in Washington, D.C. -- it's the country's first major stadium to earn LEED certification.
- The Army has a new mission: Moving desert tortoises from its training grounds.
- First he tried to build a Bridge To Nowhere. Now Sen. Ted Stevens wants to drill for oil in Alaska's Bering Sea.
- The Olympic flame is having a bad week. Not only do protesters want to disrupt the relay, but the torch gets its own plane, which isn't exactly helping helping China's reputation as a polluter.
- Finally, the government has a simple plan for preventing the spread of disease from Yellowstone bison to livestock: Kill every bison that leaves the national park. This strategy isn't going over well with everyone.
|< Prev||Next >|