This week we celebrated our three-month anniversary with an extra special group of posts. Ok, it was really just an average week. We're just feeling chipper because the Interior Department is finally going to let us carry our concealed weapon in national parks. In other EnviroWonk news:
- You may have received your tax rebate this week. President Bush thinks you should spend it at the gas pump. We have some other options for you.
- The EU is considering a proposal that would allow its member states to tax truckers for "the costs they incur on society," a list that includes sleep disturbance.
- The California Assembly is considering a bill that would require manufacturers to phase out the use of hazardous materials in all consumer electronics. Will Arnold go along with the plan?
- We're still kind of stunned that Hillary Clinton is following John McCain's lead and calling for a fuel tax holiday this summer. We really liked Barack Obama's response to this idea.
- The feds have shut down salmon fishing along the West Coast for the first time in 160 years.
- And finally, yes, you heard us right. The Bush Administration thinks national park goers will be safer if they can carry concealed firearms. What could possibly go wrong with this plan?
written by omegaman66, May 05, 2008
|< Prev||Next >|