I don't think I ever had a finer idea than to partially croudsource EcoGeek's redesign. Since I posted our thoughts about an EcoGeek 3.0 I've received a ton of comments. And I have made some modifications to the design based on your comments.
Some constructive, some wrong, some mean, but many were very very wise. And some people even chimed in with possible improvements of their own (thanks specifically to Luke and ChrisAN.)
I appreciated everyone's comments, and am really happy we asked for input. I will say a few things though.
- The text size won't change, it's just sometimes hard to approximate non-antialiased fonts in mockups
- There won't be any ads within the content, only between content items, as we've had for more than a year now
- The margins on the side won't be there on small browsers, and only appears because this is a graphical mockup, not a website.
- We'll have special way of featuring network blogs, we just haven't integrated it into the design.
- You're all right about the social buttons, who needs 'em
Thanks everyone! And you can vote in a micropoll on the subject after the jump.
written by Evan, July 26, 2008
written by Luke, July 26, 2008
written by ChrisAN, July 26, 2008
written by Josh, July 26, 2008
written by Ali S., July 26, 2008
written by audi, July 26, 2008
written by ChrisAN, July 27, 2008
written by Mike Barnett, July 27, 2008
written by Chaz, July 28, 2008
written by RAGHAVENDRA MAHUNDRAKAR, July 29, 2008
|< Prev||Next >|