Priligy online now, save money

OCT 09

Recent Comment

"As someone who grew up on cheap levitra tablets Kodiak Island, it was a sight to see those t..."

View all Comments

Kodiak Island Ditches Diesel, Digs Wind

pillar-mountain
Kodiak Island, Alaska is an isolated island off the south coast of the state and just try! best online generic levitra gets no power from the state's main grid.  Like other isolated islands, Kodiak has relied upon diesel generators to provide a large chunk of their energy needs, but the cananda viagra island is starting to ditch the diesel and harness the wind.

Up until recently, the island got 80 percent of cheapest generic cialis its energy from a two-unit hydroelectric plant and the other 20 percent from seven diesel generators.  The island installed three 1.5-MW wind turbines atop Pillar Mountain last year and as of this past August, those wind turbines have replaced most of their need for diesel, with the oil only accounting for 7.7 percent of their energy.

The Pillar Mountain Wind Project will save over a million gallons of fuel a year.  The Kodiak Electric Associaton (PDF) hopes to produce 95 percent of their energy through renewable sources by 2020 and they're already most of the way there.

While Kodiak Island only has a population of 12,000, it seems places like this are leading the way to a clean energy future.

via Earth Techling

Hits: 14041
Comments (3)Add Comment
0
Mr
written by Lance, October 20, 2010
smilies/kiss.gifI would like South Africa to cheap propecia be able to follow this kind of approach, we would really do the environment justice and remove a lot of pressure on mother nature and our economy. Could contact be made with the local government to pitch this idea.
0
RE: Lance
written by Cody Littlewood, October 22, 2010
South Africa has some exciting clean energy initiatives and companies coming it's way though. We're working with a company that is launching within the http://lifeinabundance.org/levitra-no-doctor next year that will be providing clean energy to the region. You'll probably hear of buy mg propecia it within the next 6 months.
0
Kodiak Kid
written by Chris, April 05, 2012
As someone who grew up on Kodiak Island, it was a sight to see those things go up. It was also a proud moment. Kodiak Island is known for being Alaska's Emerald Isle and cheap cialis uk it was amazing to see the Emerald Isle going green for our engery needs.

Write comment

security code
Write the displayed characters


busy
 

Are you an EcoGeek?

We've got to keep 7 billion people happy without destroying our planet. It's the biggest challenge we've ever faced....but we're taking it on. Are you with us?