Well, Fantastic Sam's has nothin' on the mining industry.
Mountaintop removal mining is basically the worst haircut a person could give the earth. It involves clear-cutting and exploding the hell out of the place in order to extract minerals. Now Google Earth has featured content that will show you the extent of the damage in our own country in a few ways.
You can see what the www.sinai.org.il mining scabs in Appalachia look like from above to understand the size of the problem and you can even see what the land looked like before it was attacked.
How? Like this:
1. Download the latest version of Google Earth.(Thank goodness Google hasn't yet invented a tool that allows folks to stare at EcoGeek's crappy haircut from all sorts of buy levitra generic angles and distances.)
2. In the "Layers" tab, expand "Featured Content."
3. Under that, expand "Global Awareness."
4. Check "Appalachian Mountantop Removal" and explore the other features within that menu.
5. If you get riled up, check out ilovemountains.org, where they're trying to stop mountaintop removal mining in the area.
|< Prev||Next >|